So are you like me and at that point, you know the one where it's time to kick your biz into high gear - but you're looking for a little help? Is your blog looking a little dull, your pole studio marketing or website needing a little polish, your coaching business needing some operational systems mojo?
If so here are 25 web sites and apps to get your creative juices flowing, your organizational skills buffed and your business ready for the new year! In no specific order here are a few of my favorites...
- Canva - An amazing simple, free, online, graphics design tool. Create hip, cool, beautiful designs and graphics for web, print, blogs etc. Make sure to check out Canva's Design School for tips and tutorials.
- Awesome Screenshot - "Capture, annotate & Share. Capture the whole pager or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines & text, one-click, upload to share"
- Evernote from Wikipedia "Evernote is a suite of software and services, designed for note taking and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments"
- Hootsuite from Wikipedia "Hootsuite is a social media management system for brand management created by Ryan Holmes in 2008. The system's user interface takes the form of a dashboard, and supports social network integrations for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, MySpace, WordPress, TrendSpottr and Mixi."
- Placeit "Placeit creates instant product mockups. Let’s say you want to create an iPhone mockup for your new app or an iPad mockup in a work setting. You just provide us with the screenshot or URL of the site and we’ll generate as many device mockups as you’d like."
- Piktochart - A great way to create your own infographics.
- Fiverr - Wikipedia "Fiverr is a global online marketplace offering tasks and services, beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed, from which it gets its name. The site is primarily used by freelancers who use Fiverr to offer a variety of different services, and by customers to buy those services" You can find great graphics and web stuff here but it does take some sifting through - also some of the bigger/longer jobs will cost more than $5 dollars like this cute logo I had made - but totally worth it!
- Directr A GREAT app for your iPhone to easily make creative videos!
- Wevideo - An online video creation platform. Videomaker Magazine says "WeVideo sets the standard for advanced online video editing systems." and they are right!
- Wpcurve Amazing Wordpress support for you site and with great prices. I pay $69 a month and any changes, updates, small jobs, coding etc I need is done for me with great turnaround - seriously people look into them!
- TechSmith I love everything about them! "Capture still shots or video of your computer screen, quickly import photos and video from your mobile device with TechSmith Fuse, and customize them to add impact with Snagit and Camtasia".
- Splasheo - A video template service that offers a very cost-effective 3 step process for creating video boosters to your online videos. Brand custom intros, outros & lower thirds to your video.
- by Regina A great website for bloggers about how to build, run and monetize your blog. Regina gives so much useful free content its unbelievable - check it out like yesterday!
- Creativelive - Amazing classes on everything from blogging to graphics to photography. Lots of free classes as well as paid versions where you have anytime access. One of my favorite courses is "Build a Successful Creative Blog" with April Bowles-Owlin.
- Coschedule & the free Coschedule headline-analyzer [Tweet "25 websites to help you be more creative, productive & kick some entrepreneurial ass in 2015"]
- Clipping Magic - If you are not a Photoshop wiz and I'm not, use Clipping Magic online to remove backgrounds from objects. It's super easy and inexpensive!
- PowToon - Create free animated videos and presentations.
- Click To Tweet - Easily add a "Click To Tweet" link in your blog post!
- Creative Market - Find great graphic elements, stock photos, handcrafted fonts, themes etc. Sign up for their newsletter and get LOTS O free elements each week. It's like Christmas when I get their newsletter!
- ifttt - From Wikipedia "a web-based service in which users can create chains of simple conditional statements, called "recipes," that are triggered based upon changes to other web services such as Gmail, Google Reader, Instagram, Craigslist etc. IFTTT is an abbreviation of "If This Then That" and is pronounced like "gift" without the "g."An example recipe might consist of sending an e-mail message if the IFTTT user tweets a certain hashtag. Or, if the user's photo is tagged by someone on Facebook then that photo will be added to the user's cloud-based photo archive."
- Assistant.to - A great online scheduling program for meetings with clients - reminders sent to both sides. It's your perfect virtual assistant!
- Coffitivity So yeah - I like to pretend I'm at a coffee shop while I am at work. Now with Coffitivity you can stream ambient sounds of a coffee shop/cafe to boost your creativity and help you work better without all the added caffeine - or at least drink (cheaper than Starbucks) coffee at home!
- Wordify - for Mac or iPhone "Wordify turns images into beautiful typographic artwork. Using your words. And a bit of magic."
- Dragon Speak - Talk to text software. I use their mobile version while driving in my car, stuck in traffic is a great place to hash out blog ideas!
- Etsy - "Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and off-line, to make, sell and buy unique goods." You can find great blog graphics, design work, templates and more at great prices. Plus you are supporting the small business market!
There you have it - my top 25! I would love to hear about any of your favorites sites or resources that aren't on this list. Share them with us here!
Love & Glitter,