Let's just keep this short and sweet - everybody likes a quickie now and then no? Free photos for your blog! The last bloggers photo resource post was a HUGE hit, we ALL need cool free photos right? Here's a NEW list of 10 additional sources plus the link to the first article. Oh Snap – Free Photos! (Bloggers Delight Pt.1) Enjoy!
1) New Old Stock: If you are looking for vintage photos this place is fun! Vintage photos from the public archives. Free of known copyright restrictions
2) Pixabay: With a huge library to sift through you can freely use any Pixabay image without attribution in digital and printed form, even for commercial applications. Check out their editors choices and get creative with your "search" skills.
3) Superfamous: Superfamous is the Los Angeles-based studio of Dutch interaction designer Folkert Gorter. His web site has a LOT of beautiful aerial, geographical, biological shots. His photography is available under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. So you can use the work for your own purposes (including commercial use w/credit given.
4) Compfight: Compfight is another great image search engine set up to find images for blogs, comps, inspiration, and research. They make use of the flickr™ API, but aren't affiliated with flickr. Please check attribution/licensing requirements.
5) Foter: Another search engine "Foter.com allows you to search, manage and add free stock photos to blogs, forums, websites and other online media. They host over 190 million free Creative Commons images from many online sources and the entire system is also available as a WordPress plugin for seamless use within the WordPress platform". The thing I like about this site is that you can download the photos OR grab the embed code that has the attribution/credits built into it which makes things super easy!
6) Stockvault: "Stockvault's sole purpose is to collect and archive medium and high resolution photographs that designers and students can share and use for their personal and non-commercial design work."
7)The Open Photo Project: "The Open Photo Project is a photo sharing platform created in 1998 by Michael Jastremski. Contributors have offered their images free of charge under terms of Creative Commons licensing". Lot's of beautiful photos at this site.
8) Picography: A website that has "Free hi-resolution photos. Use them however you like." They have lots of great, gritty, city scapes and urban pictures among a host of other beautiful photos.
9) Refe:Refe has royalty-free, high-quality, natural looking photos of people interacting with technology. Make sure to continue to scroll down - the pictures load slightly slowly so there are more than you might think.
10) Magdeleine: A free hi rez photo every day. "hand-picked free photos for your inspiration" with both CC0 & attribution required licenses.
photo by Vinoth Chandar
AND as an added extra
Is also great & deserving of a mention.
It's super cheap - ONLY $5 A month. Here's hoping these sites are helpful to you.
Tweet them & share them with your friends.
I would LOVE to know if anyone as any additional resources as well.